The IBNS were delighted to be asked to support two Market Insights events hosted by Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) in Inverness and Scottish Enterprise in Glasgow on the 13th and 14th September respectively. The events were co-ordinated by John Webster of the Scottish Business Hub in Ireland.
Both events were very well attended by Scottish business, exploring opportunities in Ireland. Colm Moloney, Chairman of the IBNS, presented a paper at both events outlining his personal experience of exporting the services of Rubicon Heritage Services into Ireland between 2000 and 2016 and highlighted key learnings and the benefits of membership of the IBNS for Scottish companies considering export opportunities in Ireland.
Some of the key learnings / insights from exporting to Ireland were:
- Visit Ireland, meet people, understand the culture
- Low Hanging Fruit / Early wins – one job leads to another
- Have a clear plan with achievable objectives and KPI’s
- Business is picking up but people are very cautious
- Business in Ireland is a personal, face to face activity
- Join the IBNS today!
Opportunities offered by IBNS membership highlighted in the presentation included:
- General network gatherings with companies operating in Ireland and Scotland
- Sector specific seminars
- Social evenings
- Direct connections
Both events were a resounded success and a follow up trade mission to Dublin is planned for late November.
For further information or to join the network, please drop in on us at www.irishbusinessnetwork.scot